Home » , , » Social Media Technology Evolution Afterlife

Social Media Technology Evolution Afterlife

When I got our first internet router in the house, I was instantly magnetized to get a ride with the word wide web.  Then came along a social media platform called Myspace.  It was Youngsters flocked quickly to the website.   Social media technology paved the way to showcase personal things to the public.  Being teenagers then, it was nothing but natural that the scarcity of attention span  was evident. The novelty of this new internet culture faded quickly.  Now, Myspace is just a thing of the past. People should always remember that once it reigned supreme in the social networking arena.

Mushrooming of the social media sites

As the second wave of smartphones hit the market, it was not surprising that the social media technology popularity skyrocketed.  In 2013, I surrendered to the fact that  social media sites  dominated our lives.  Virtual socialization changed the context for human interaction.  Although, I admit that my greatest pet peeve includes those people who streams live broadcasts of their whereabouts.  For example, once I saw a tweet that said something like “Staring at the shelves now. Hmmm,what shampoo to buy?”  Like seriously!? People really would not really care about your daily hair pampering regimen.  Not unless of course if that particular proclamation of yours can affect someone’s life.

How Social Media Technology changed our lives?


The integration of social media technology into our daily lives changed the way we live.  Now, it is not just the shiniest ornament for our person rather a lifestyle. Let’s take for an instance, Facebook’s life events sharing.  In the early years of this website, members just easily shares pictures,tag people and post status updates.  It become more complicated. We became social media traffic sucking creatures.  The irrelevant products of  wandering minds piled up to become just public nuisance.  I’ve remembered last father’s day, my feed was bombarded with greetings for their Dads. I found one thing funny about it. I came to realize that half of Dads of those people who greeted online are not members of any social networking site.  What was that all about? To me, it’s just pretentious.  In the spirit of things, I tried to reminisce my Dad’s memories with us and tried my best to come up with a nice statement.

If such cosmic social media paradigm transpires, a one – liner is not enough to encapsulate my longing for my father’s presence.

 

Angels as followers

smart phone
“smart phone”


I found that idea thrilling.  I imagined if I can tweet my Dad to heaven, I’ll spam his newsfeed with the memories I’ have spent without him for the last 13 years.Then he will receive it like that of Bruce Almighty’s post- it prayers from the movie.
Bruce Almighty movie
Jim Carrey Film


What if team Mark Zuckerberg allots billions of dollars to purchase an after world social technology.  I would love to see a failed attempt of my Dad’s selfie while being photobombed by God.

Article Post @ MSOLives.com




Share this Article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Google Updates - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger